27 October 2017

Skincare Newbies // The Ordinary

BEAUTY

I've been meaning to try out some products from The Ordinary for such a long time, and around a month ago, I finally got round to placing an order on their website ~ I was pretty excited, let me tell you! They've only been around for just over a year, and in that time they've had A LOTT of positive press, mainly because they use such amazing, high quality ingredients in their products, but at a much more budget friendly price point.




At first glance on the Deciem website, I really didn't know what to try out, as there's literally sooo many products and they all have quite strange names and ingredients, but luckily they have a guide page that lets you work out what skin-type you are and what products you should think about adding into your routine, which I found really helpful! I decided to get both skincare and make-up items, mostly because their foundation has had a lot of hype and it's pretty cheap.

AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution //
This was a bit of a weird one, but it really intrigued me, just because of the red colour (it literally looks like blood ha!). It's quite a strong treatment, so I usually just use it once a week, if that, but my skin feels really soft after I do it. It tingles a little bit upon first application and then you leave it on for a max of 10 mins ( I usually just do around 5). It works to exfoliate the skin's top layer and brightens everything up. I do really notice a difference with this, you just have to be careful not to get too much sun exposure and wear SPF - which I do anyway!

High-Spreadability Fluid Primer //
When I first received this, I wasn't quite sure what to expect as I thought for some reason it was white, rather than a completely clear very liquid formula. It has an almost serum like feel, which isn't really like any primer I've tried before, but I've actually been really loving using this. I feel like it helps my foundation to sit more evenly and last better on my skin throughout the day, whilst stopping any dry patches from making an appearance - this gets a big thumbs up from me!

Coverage Foundation //
I think the £5.90 price point is sooo reasonable for such a high quality product, plus they do a good colour range that'll suit most skin tones (21 shades). I've been using this over the top of the high- spreadability fluid primer and they've been working pretty well together. I went for the shade 1.2 light neutral and I'm happy with the colour match - it's always a bit of a risk when ordering online! It's a little bit more of a matte finish than I usually go for, but the coverage is really good.

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 //
I've been using this pretty religiously every morning and evening before moisturiser and I've been really enjoying the effect on my skin. I have quite dry skin anyway, but when the weather starts to get colder and you have the central heating on all the time, my skin needs some serious moisture! This really helps improve hydration and stops me getting such dry skin.

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% //
The Ordinary recommends using this to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and I've been trying to use it every day on any areas I get spots. At the moment I'm not sure if I've seen any results that are better than what I was achieving with my previous spot treatment, but some of the reviews on their website say that you have to use it for a while before you get more noticeable results so I'm going to persevere.

Have you jumped on The Ordinary hype?! What products have you tried?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018